- Coweeta LTER PIs, students, and technicians.
- UGA investigators (must pay fee).
- Non-UGA investigators (must pay fee).
- Wives/husbands of investigators who are helping with research (must pay fee if non-LTER)
- Occasional visitors from other Universities (must pay fee).
- Visitors from other LTER sites (must pay fee).
The following groups should NOT expect to use the dormitory:
- USFS personnel, PIs on sabbatical, and foreign visitors will normally use the USFS residence, with the Coweeta dormitory as a backup.
- Wives/husbands/children of investigators not helping with research.
- University classes or other instructional uses.
- Miscellaneous friends and neighbors.
- Non-Coweeta LTER users are requested to make their reservations through Carol Harper. A user fee of $15.00 per person per night will be assessed.
- Coweeta LTER users (Principal Investigators, students and staff) may make their reservations online. There is no user fee. To arrange key pickup, contact Carol Harper.
The Coweeta Residence has 5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens and 2.5 bathrooms, along with many amenities including internet connection, television with DVD and VCR, washer and dryer and a patio...more information.
History of the Coweeta Residence
The Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratory (known as the Coweeta Experimental Forest) was founded in 1934 by the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service. Part of the current Coweeta Residence building was the original Coweeta Headquarters Building...more information.
Coweeta is in the mountains, and is subject to sudden changes in climate. To check on the latest weather forecast for Otto, North Carolina, click here.
Franklin, North Carolina Accommodations